Edos Solomon Aletor, based in the United Kingdom, is a FA accredited coach who runs a football club called "Inspire Athletic Football Club Luton". With the football season closed, inspire Athletic are currently doing open trials for up to ages 15 which means Mr Aletor has some spare time on his hands.
Edo Connect could not resist the opportunity to bring Mr Solomon Aletor on board as our Football analyst to talk us through Nigeria’s performances at the 2018 World Cup currently taking place in Russia. Below is coach Solomon Aletor analysis after Nigeria’s first game in Russia.
Coach Solomon Aletor Analysis:
As a football coach and game strategist, you watch the game differently in view of what you will do and or what needs to change. I would say we need to be bold for the next game and rely on a combination of power and pace, not flair.I suggest we drop Mikel Obi and play Iwobi in the number 10 role, and then drop Ighalo for Iheanacho, with Musa of the left of Him.We didn't deserve to draw that game, let alone win it. We look completely disjointed and at some point, we couldn't stream 4 to 5 passes together. We offered nothing in terms of threat to Croatia and defensively we were all over the place in the lead up to both goals we considered.
Here my rating from the game against Croatia and in that light,
Starting line-up player rating over 10
• Uzoho - 4/5 poor distribution, gave the ball away to often
• Shehu - 6/10 decent performance but could do better driving forward
• Troost-Ekong - 3/10 school error leading up to the penalty, never looks assured in defense
• Balogun - 6/10 showed very promising signs of wanting to push the team forward
• Idowu - 5/10 expected a lot from him but his overall performance was flat
• Ndidi - 6/10 Had decent spells in the game but faded out easily in the second half
• Etebo - 5/10 Not sure what he brings to the party, unlucky for the goal
• Iwobi -Showed glimpse of waiting to fight for the team, to be fair he was pretty tenacious until he got subbed, to my surprise
• Mikel - 3/10 offered nothing to the team in terms of creativity. Poor distribution choices
• Moses - 5/10 final ball not good enough, although he put in a decent shift
• Ighalo - 3/10 offered no threat to Croatia's defence, poor selection